Electro Therapy for the treatment of Pelvic Floor muscles and Incontinence.
Urinary incontinence — the loss of bladder control — is a common and often embarrassing problem. The severity of urinary incontinence ranges from occasionally leaking urine when you cough or sneeze to having sudden, unpredictable episodes of strong urinary urgency. Sometimes, the urgency may be so strong you don't get to a toilet in time. Although urinary incontinence affects millions of people, it isn't a normal part of aging or, in women, an inevitable consequence of childbirth or changes after menopause. It's a medical condition with many possible causes, some relatively simple and self-limited and others more complex. If you're having enough trouble with bladder control that it affects your day-to-day activities, don't hesitate to see your doctor. In many situations, urinary incontinence can be stopped. Even if the condition can't be completely eliminated, modern products and ways of managing urinary incontinence can ease your discomfort and inconvenience.
Not only women, but also many men do suffer from incontinence, that may be caused by e.g. illnesses (Diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, MS, Stroke), Spinal Cord Injuries, Overactive Bladder or Prostate Problems.
Types of Incontinence are:
- Stress Incontinence: Leakage of small amounts of urine during physical movement (coughing, sneezing, exercising).
- Urge Incontinence: Leakage of large amounts of urine at unexpected times, including during sleep.
- Overactive Bladder: Urinary frequency and urgency, with or without urge incontinence.
- Functional: Untimely urination because of physical disability, external obstacles, or problems in thinking or communicating that prevent a person from reaching a toilet.
- Overflow: Unexpected leakage of small amounts of urine because of a full bladder.
- Mixed Incontinence: Usually the occurrence of stress and urge incontinence together.
- Transient: Leakage that occurs temporarily because of a situation that will pass (infection, taking a new medication, colds with coughing).
Levator Mini, Levator Maxi Plus1, Levator Elite